When it comes to kitchen design, one of the most popular questions we get is “should I add an island?” It’s a valid question—after all, an island can be a big investment, both in terms of money and time. But the truth is, there are many benefits to adding an island to your kitchen. Here are just a few:
- An island provides additional counter space. This is especially helpful if you do a lot of cooking or entertaining.
- An island can also provide extra storage space. This is perfect for those who need somewhere to store their pots and pans or other kitchen items.
- An island can create a more efficient workflow in your kitchen. If you find yourself constantly running back and forth between the fridge and the stove, an island can help you save time by putting everything within arm’s reach.
- An island can be a great gathering spot for family and friends. Whether you use it as a place to eat breakfast or as a place to chat while you’re cooking dinner, an island can be a great addition to any kitchen.
- An island can make your kitchen feel bigger and more open. If your kitchen feels cramped, an island can help give the illusion of more space.
If you’re considering adding an island to your kitchen, weigh the pros and cons carefully. And when you’re ready to take on your kitchen remodel, call Kitchen & Bath Dimensions at 205-900-7380. We’re Greater Birmingham’s choice for remodeling and we’re always happy to help turn your vision into reality!